Monday, May 17, 2010

Re: [Electric Boats] Looking for Advice on a Electric Drive System Supplier

 

Good luck on your venture. Look up Marvin Creamer on Furledsails.com for an excellent interview on doing a circumnavigation with no navigation in a sailboat.

Any idea what propulsion system you'll be using?

Peter M

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "Doug Richmond" <jd.richmond@...> wrote:
>
> I don't post much, just sit back and listen. I have converted my Chrysler 22 to electric, and am building a cat for an unique circumnavigation. NO ONE has EVER tried to Solo without navigational gear, I will. In 1984 a professor and two friends did it, but not solo. My philosophy is, ANY idiot can drive a boat with a motor, a true sailor doesn't need one.
>
> I will have electric drive on my cat for one reason, the Suez Canal. I have to keep up with the other vessels despite which way the wind is blowing. If I wanted to sail completely around Africa this would not be a problem, but....limited time and capital.
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.


Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment