Monday, May 17, 2010

[Electric Boats] My Build

 

Hello all,
 
My last post generated some interest in my conversion and the catamaran I am building for a circumnavigation of the globe.
 
My Chrysler 22 was electrified the cheap and easy way, I took 2 Minn Kota trolling motors and mounted them on a slide, so I can raise and lower them. I have 2 battery banks, 1 for each motor with a 12v output. The controller heads for the motors were disassembled then placed on the tiller. I only use the motors when the wind is blowing wrong to get out of the launch site, and to seat the boat on the trailer.
 
The catamaran project will be much more intensive. I plan to install Mars motors, one in each hull, and 2 four battery banks, giving me 48v each side. Solar, wind and a small Honda Generator will provide my charging. I believe I will only need the generator for the trip through the Suez Canal. In addition, I will have a 12v bank for house power.
 
Doug

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment