Saturday, May 22, 2010

Re: [Electric Boats] Re-use of gauges

 


Myles,
I thought about that, but the Torqeedo is sealed so the only place to put a sensor would be on the outside of the housing near the prop with a magnet on the prop itself. That would look pretty ugly and might effect prop balance. Another idea I thought of was to turn the tach into a wind speed indicator by interfacing an old anemometer head I have in my junk box. I think I have a solution in need of a problem. ;-) But, I'm having fun.

Pat

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "Myles Twete" <matwete@...> wrote:
>
> Pat-
>
>
>
> Regarding the tach, it's hard to say.
>
> Some tachs have a switch on the back to select multiple cylinder engines.
>
> If you can get a hall effect or other type of switch sensor that has the
> sensed element spinning on the motor shaft, you could at least sense motor
> speed or some fraction or multiple of it. If you were real lucky it might
> give you prop speed at proper scaling.
>
>
>
> -MT

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.


Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment