Saturday, March 20, 2010

[Electric Boats] Re: Possible C27 conversion

 

Have you noticed any difference in boat speed from drag of the 3 bladed prop. Do you use regen?

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "acsarfkram" <acsarfkram@...> wrote:
>
> I started out with an 11x10(I think)fixed two blade prop and at 20 amps I got 3 knots boat speed. Big difference with the three blade prop.
>
> --- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "Doug" <dj2210@> wrote:
> >
> > That's pretty impressive that you do 4 knots with only 20 amps. Your Ericson should be similiar to my Catalina 27 so I should expect similiar results with a comparible system.
> >
> > --- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "acsarfkram" <acsarfkram@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Doug,
> > >
> > > Your Catalina 27 should be a good platform for an electric auxiliary.
> > >
> > > There are plenty of posts here regarding actual installed system performance, I'm not sure how you would search for them other than reading through a lot of messages.
> > >
> > > Here are my specifics;
> > >
> > > Installed May of '08
> > > Ericson 27
> > > SolidNav Explorer
> > > Two 48 volt battery banks (4 group 27's and 4 group 31's both AGM)
> > > 12x10 three blade fixed prop
> > > Kipoint 48 volt charger, Pro Charging Systems Four Bank Pro
> > > PakTrakr battery monitor
> > > Various switches and cable
> > >
> > > At a draw of 20 amps I get 4 knots of boat speed. To date the longest I've motored was 7hrs at 20 amps and used only one of the banks.
> > >
> > > I also thought I would build a system myself but ended up buying a factory-built motor/controller/mount/reduction/throttle/forward-reverse switch unit. There was enough to do with running cable and mounting batteries to satisfy my tinkering needs.
> > >
> >
>

__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment