Saturday, March 27, 2010

[Electric Boats] Hybrid power

 

I am contemplating selling my beautiful little 22 ft sailboat , because of arthritis , and getting a 36 ft ketch motor sailer.
She is powered by a Perkins 6 354.
It would be nice not having to start up the Perkins , to get out of harbour , and fishing , the electric part of a hybrid would do just fine.
But there is no way that I would NOT have a nice big diesel there , for those LONG trips in to the wind , or when the arthritis is really playing up , and I'm happy to hit the starter , and put up with the noise.
So , I'm looking for a true , reliable hybrid setup.
I've e-mailed Hybrid Marine , who are supposed to have systems running up to 150hp , but haven't heard back from them yet.
Is there anyone else selling a true hybrid , that can be relied upon to produce the goods , and back up their product ?.
Regards Rob J.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment