Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Re: [Electric Boats] Do I have a battery issue?

 

Mark,

I looked through this message string, but missed what may have been stated .... what type of boat do you have, how many and what type of batteries to you have, the motor, etc...

You got my attention when you said you get 7 hours at 4 knots.

Mark H.
A diesel burner, dreaming of going electric.

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "acsarfkram" <acsarfkram@...> wrote:
>
> Hi Mike,
>
> The chargers I have are connected to separate battery banks so they never "work" together. I can and usually do charge both banks at the same time using shore power.
>
> I have not connected a generator to the chargers yet. My plan for extended range using my Honda 2000i is to run down one bank, connect the generator to the shore power plug on the boat, start charging the depleted bank and run the motor off of the fresh bank. One bank has given me 7 hrs run time at 4 knots. I figure I can get a lot of charging done in 7 hrs.
>
> Do you use the Honda to charge your batteries from a run down state? If so how long does it take to charge the bank back to full?
>
> The PakTrakr does work well, I don't think I would have noticed the battery failing so quickly without it.
>
> Mark
>
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment