Friday, March 26, 2010

[Electric Boats] Prop pitch

 

Hi all,

Well the Alberg 30 project has reached the point where we are moving on to the power train. Electric is new to me and I'm a little lost on what to do in regards to a prop and would sure appreciate any thoughts or suggestions from the group.

I have room to swing a 12" diameter but am uncertain of what pitch I should get. I've been looking at the Michigan Wheel MP33B-12B line.

I have an Etec-RT 8hp continuous 18hp peak motor.
2:1 reduction planned for it via a synchronous belt.
7/8" aquamet 22 prop shaft with a PYI drip-less coupling.
I have not bought batteries yet but figure it'd be a 48 volt system with four batteries to start expanding to eight as "fun tokens" allow.

The vessel's waterline length is 21' 8" (30' 3" Overall length)
Max beam 8' 9"
Max draft 4' 3"
displacement 9,000 lbs dry.

Any advise or suggestions is truly appreciated, I'm an electric power newbie.

Cheers, Don
www.alberg30.blogspot.com

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment