Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Re: [Electric Boats] Bearing

 

Hi Alberto,

Please consider sealed angular thrust bearings, with a double row of balls.. I've been using 3305 bearings for several years with no problems. They can be purchased at www.vxb.com.

Arby
Advanced Marine electric Propulsion



From: Alberto Cogut <Alberto.Cogut@verizon.net>
To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wed, March 24, 2010 10:37:29 AM
Subject: [Electric Boats] Bearing

 

Hello all,

Last weekend I finally finished removing the diesel engine from my sailboat (Dufour 34).  Currently, I'm finalizing the design of the electric propulsion system that will replace it, and I have a question that I hope those in the group that have designed their own systems will be able to help me with. What kind of bearing should I use that will withstand the axial loads?  Should I consider tapered roller, spherical roller, or angular ball bearings?

Thanks in advance,

Alberto

 

 

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment