Sunday, March 28, 2010

[Electric Boats] Re: ideas? electric motor conversion

 



--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "ccconstellation"
<ccconstellation@...> wrote:
>
> I have a 1965 chris craft constellation 38 ft power boat that I want
to convert to electric motors.
> It is a V-drive with twin 327's One is currently working and the other
one would have to be rebuilt. I want to take out the one that needs to
be rebuilt and replace it with a electric motor. once its up and
running, take out the other 327 and put in another electric motor.
> Any ideas on what type of electric motor I should use? the boat
weights about 9 tons. Taking out the 327's should lower that weight,
depending on how many batteries I add. My boat also has a brand new 8 kw
generator and a 30 amp battery charger. any suggestions or ideas would
really help. thanks.

No suggestions but I just joined this forum and maybe we can help each
other as we learn. I am 62, my son is 20 and he now produces the bio
diesel we burn in out 3 vehicles and 40 ft Sea Ray. We have been talking
about starting with a small, direct drive (aprox 16 ft) boat and
mounting an electric motor in parallel with the drive to assist the
engine. I just posted a request for advice on this forum. If you learn
of anything that would help us, please contact me. TY Bill
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment