Sunday, March 21, 2010

[Electric Boats] ideas? electric motor conversion

 

I have a 1965 chris craft constellation 38 ft power boat that I want to convert to electric motors.
It is a V-drive with twin 327's One is currently working and the other one would have to be rebuilt. I want to take out the one that needs to be rebuilt and replace it with a electric motor. once its up and running, take out the other 327 and put in another electric motor.
Any ideas on what type of electric motor I should use? the boat weights about 9 tons. Taking out the 327's should lower that weight, depending on how many batteries I add. My boat also has a brand new 8 kw generator and a 30 amp battery charger. any suggestions or ideas would really help. thanks.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment