Monday, February 10, 2014

[Electric Boats] RE: catalina 27 conversion to inboard drive

 

Hi everyone!

First of all, Thank you both Oak and Mike for your input. Oak your info was something I hadn't considered and gave me pause.
But after thousand's of hours of research over the last year the 5.0 is the beast for Me. Last year I spent more time on the water
than land. My Last years sailing took Me to Halifax from Ports nh for 6wks and 12wks Ports nh to Ports Va. I single hand, so
my needs are minimal with some comforts. (Hottub,ful bar,60" big screen) I wish!
This fall I plan on wintering in the keys and the bahamas's. So the refit. The aroma of gasoline on a hot day and the great
beat of the A4 has lost it's appeal.


The following is what I have Planned:

1. A 5.0 drive kit.
2. 48v 200AH battery bank(AGM)
3. 12v 200AH House battery bank.(AGM)
4. I have 400 watts of solar panels and a 900 watt 48v wind turbine.
5. Honda 2000 gen set in a vented encloser in the port locker for backup.
6. 48v to 12v DC/DC converter.
7. 48v and 12v charge controllers.


My two immediate concerns are the shaft and propeller.


 Thrust bearing?
 Gear reduction?
Three blade prop, what size? (2 blade OEM on board)

I've also installed a new 0012 airfoil modified rudder. Alot smoother driving then with that monster spade.


So please lead me on, I would love any and all assist, and Mike an estimate and purchase plan would be great,
I've been to your sight more than anyother.

best regards
Jim

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (6)
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment