Sunday, July 29, 2012

Re: [Electric Boats] Re: New Guy's First Post

 

Bob:

I think you will find that spend a lot less (if any) time crawling around in the confined space below decks once you install EP. Once everything is in place I've found maintenance is minimum and a what you may need to do on occasion can be done while your body is in the main cabin. At least that's what I've found in my install.

Capt. Mike
http://biankablog.blogspot.com



From: Bob Bratton <bobbratton2@gmail.com>
To: "electricboats@yahoogroups.com" <electricboats@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, July 29, 2012 11:13 AM
Subject: [Electric Boats] Re: New Guy's First Post

 
Wayne
My feelings are the same about dealing with the very confining space. I'm 6ft 215 lbs and crawling out of that confine space takes me a while to get everything back in to some what alinement. I am new to this group also and a new owner of a 1971, 27 Newport sailboat we bought from a friend who was upsizing to a 34 Catalina. The boat is in great condition except for the Atomic 4 bomb that is done from deep corrosion on the block. So I have removed it along with the rusty fuel tank. Cleaned the engine compartment and now deciding that a little 60lb electric motor is the way to go.
And yes we are still friends I was aware of the fatal condition of the engine and was just going to replace it with a rebuilt engine.

Bob

Sent from my iPad


__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment