Wednesday, July 25, 2012

[Electric Boats] New Guy's First Post

 

The forum's moderator suggested it's appropriate for new members to intro themselves with a first post, so here goes. For the last 7 or so years I've been working on a fixer-upper project boat (a 30-year old 27' Bayliner express cruiser with a conventional Volvo Penta sterndrive). Now at age 64 I've decided I'm just too old to be standing on my head practicing yoga in a cramped engine bilge and have already pulled the engine and outdrive fully intending to repower with a conventional 4-stroke outboard. In doing internet research I've stumbled across info on electric outboards and have become intrigued with the notion of going completely electric either O/B or I/B. Appears an electric drive system would well fit our boating lifestyle, as we have long since forgone the noise and expense of anything close to WOT in favor of hull speed or less in mostly protected waters. At this point I don't know enough about electric or electrifying boats to ask the appropriate questions, so I'll start by reading all the archived posts to learn what I can and get a feel for how the forum operates. I take steerage very well, so I would appreciate any and all recommendations on how best to educate myself with the end game of converting this old boat to electric propulsion. Thnx.
Wayne

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment