Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Re: [Electric Boats] Electric Motor Components

 

Adam,

Radio shack used to sell an electronics learning kit for basic electronics. Seeing is believing. I am not trying to brush off your questions, but it sounds like this type of thing could help you understand what you are looking at without using expensive parts. If Radio Shack is not in your part of the woods look online for an experimenters kit to learn about motor control. All the principals will be the same with only minor changes in equipment.

You will likely get all the information you need here but like I said seeing is believing.

Kevin Pemberton

On 07/16/2012 06:21 PM, adam.riso wrote:
 

Hello,

I am new to the group. There seems to be a lot of great information on the group available but way over my head. I am in the planning stage of building a wooden 14' mini tug boat powered by an electric (golf cart) motor. The plans that I have go into motors, controllers, solenoids, etc. and I was hoping that someone would be able to simplify it and point me in the right direction as to what exactly are the components I need to purchase. One person who built a similar boat used: Advanced DC #A89-4001 Motor, 6HP/36-72VDC and a Curtis-PMC #1205-201 Motor Controller, 36-48VDC/350A but I really don't understand what that all means. I also have questions about what you use to give it more power (to increase the speed) or but it in reverse, etc. I appreciate any insight. Thank you! Adam



__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment