Thursday, October 21, 2010

[Electric Boats] Re: removing old engine

 

I removed my Atomic 4 using my main sheet and some block and tackle to pull it forward out of the engine compartment. I have a 30' boat and the 300lb+ engine was easy to lift with the main block and tackle.

I wasn't worried about damaging the boom, since there are forces in excess of 300lbs when out sailing in heavy weather (just be careful it doesn't start to swing.

It might also be easier to sell the motor before you remove it. That was people can see it working and loaded. might get a couple more bucks for it.

here is the photos from removing my atomic 4
http://www.straightturn.net/electric%20sailing/removing%20atomic%204.html

good luck! it is a lot of fun!

geoff
www.straightturn.net

__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment