Wednesday, October 27, 2010

[Electric Boats] Useful gauges

 

Hi all,

After removing my A4, I have five holes in the cockpit where the engine instruments and controls used to be. Two are 2in nominal (used to be the oil pressure gauge and the tach); two are for control cables (used to be the push/pull throttle and the choke); and one was the ignition key.

Any suggestions about what to put in? I am thinking that useful gauges could go into the two big 2in cutouts -- perhaps battery state of charge and a tach? But I also know that so many displays are multifunctional these days, so I may use one for the engine and one for depth/speed.

A key is a key, but do you think the other two little holes (choke and throttle) are good for anything with electric drive? For the electric throttle I think I am going to install a single potentiometer where the shifter was, in a separate part of the cockpit.

Welcome your thoughts!

Paul

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment