Saturday, May 15, 2010

Re: [Electric Boats] Mastervolt systems

 

I waited since Feb for my 48 volt 260AH pack from EV. Takes a long time but should work out nicely.

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T


From: "Eric" <ewdysar@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 02:59:58 -0000
To: <electricboats@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [Electric Boats] Mastervolt systems

 

James,

EV components sold me 16 160Ah Thundersky cells for my 48V conversion. You will also need to factor in shipping and a BMS to your costs. My 8kWh bank came to around $3,600 ($0.45/kWh) delivered, with a simple passive BMS from another vendor. I think that you'll find your battery bank will be very close to $9,000. I just don't want you to be surprised when the time rolls around to place your order. My experience with EV Components is that you will get your batteries about 3 months after your check clears (mine didn't show up for 4 months, but that's a different story). Again, I think that this is important information for those that are planning on purchasing these batteries.

Since most people here equate 10kWh to 1 gallon of gas, how far will your 41' cruiser go today on 2 gallons of diesel? That's the range that you should expect from 19kWh of batteries alone. My boat had a range of about 10-15 miles on a single gallon of diesel and I expect my conversion to deliver 8-12 miles of range from the 8kWh bank, depending on throttle settings.

Fair winds,
Eric
Marina del Rey, CA

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, James Sizemore <james@...> wrote:
>
> I will be going with two 10 kw silent props, for a total of 20kw and a none Mastervolt battery pack, unless they cut me a hell of a deal. Evcomponents will sell you a LiFePo4 400 AH 48 volt pack for $7000.00 that is a 19kwh pack....
>
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> On May 14, 2010, at 2:34 AM, "Eric" <ewdysar@...> wrote:
>
> > Hey James,
> >
> > Are you still thinking about converting your 41' cabin cruiser? What is your latest list of components? The link you posted suggests a 23.9kW drive with 95kWh of batteries. I've found their AGM batteries for only $0.25/Wh, so their suggested battery bank would cost $24,000 and weigh 5,000 pounds.
> >
> > Eric

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment