Monday, March 15, 2010

Re: [Electric Boats] Re: Pearson 35 with ElectricYacht results

 

Todd-
I don't know the actual RPM the shaft was turning, but thanks for the correlation.  It's good to know my numbers are in the right ballpark.
I doubt I'll change the prop anytime soon.  I'm not looking for the utmost efficiency or speed.  What I have now is fine for getting me out of the harbor and to keep the boat moving for a few hours when there's no wind.
 

 


From: Todd <toddbates99@yahoo.com>
To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sun, March 14, 2010 9:43:23 PM
Subject: [Electric Boats] Re: Pearson 35 with ElectricYacht results

 

I ran your numbers on the Performance spreadsheet. Assuming a system efficiency of 80% your shaft horsepower is ~3.58 hp. The spreadsheet predicts ~4.6 knots at 1300 rpm swinging your 14 X 11. A pretty close match. Do you know what your actual rpm was?

With 14 x 14 prop it predicts 5.3 knots at 70 amps. If you get a chance to replace the prop it would be really cool to see how close the estimate was.

Recent Activity:
.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment