Monday, March 8, 2010

Re: [Electric Boats] Go Fast Runabout

 

Hi Doug,
Curious to what and how you use the two extra batteries? Speed when using
them?
Thanks,

Bob Noble
http://www.sonic.net/bnoble

--------------------------------------------------
From: "Doug Walker" <fibreloop@yahoo.com>

> I was in the same place you are two years ago about this same time of the
> year. I was lucky enough to find a PARSUN 4 HP electric "scracth and
> dent" sale from Mars Electric
> . Under 2k for motor and contoller. Put that on my 15ft Grumann Aluminum
> bass boat
> power by 4x12v (48 v series) 160 amp/hr Crown batteries and I am good for
> just under 2 hours at full throttle at 5.4 MPH (GPS measured). I can get
> 6 hours at half throttle 2.5 mph. This with me, two additonal batteries
> and occaisionally my wife. This will be my third year on Liberty Reservior
> and this year I will get one of those land locked strippers.
>
> best
>
> Doug Walker


__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment