Monday, March 8, 2010

Re: [Electric Boats] Go Fast Runabout

 

Thanks, Ed.
 
Definitely watch this - looks like planing electric boats just became practical.
 
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, March 07, 2010 9:52 PM
Subject: RE: [Electric Boats] Go Fast Runabout

 

How much fun are you looking for?

Check out this video:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gIACjevcRw

          Ed B

-      - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

From: electricboats@yahoogroups.com [mailto:electricboats@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Thumper Smith

Greetings all,

I have been lurking for several weeks and have come to appreciate the expertise and enthusiasm of the list.

Today I began sanding the 1959 runabout I bought last fall and as I sanded I considered spending a couple thousand dollars to repower the thing. It came with an old 20 HP Johnson two stroke, which I really can't use in good conscience considering the 25:1 oil mixture (and really being a sailor, I can't put up with the noise). Of course electric propulsion is a consideration.

I just looked at the Torqueedo site, thinking that would be a good turnkey solution. But alas, I want more than 8-10 HP to have a fun boat. I would appreciate any recommendations for powering a 14 foot fiberglass boat with at least enough power to get her up on plane. I don't shy away from a bit of tinkering.

Thanks and Regards,

Thumper

in Connecticut

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment