Friday, March 12, 2010

[Electric Boats] Hello

 

Hello all,

My name is Bri and I live in the Orkney Islands UK, at some point this year I will be building an electric boat, but lots of advice and tips are needed, I am wishing to power the boat via re-claimed parts and through this forum I hope to learn all that I will need.

The waters here are rough to say the least we have very strong currents here where the Atlantic meets the North sea, fishing is part of the way of life here and up to now I use a four horse power outboard on my wooden 18` boat used at a 14 mile range, so going electric on my planned 30` ply boat will be a challenge that I look forward to.

Speed here is not an issue but power is, I need to know that I can get out of trouble, anyhoo I look forward to reading the posts here and engaging in discussion, price these days is a huge issue so I am not interested in exploring buying expencive equiptment, I believe all can be done for free with the right contacts.

If I can get hold of anything that the board may need (without cost) just ask, you never know.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment