Tuesday, July 21, 2009

[Electric Boats] Re: Torqeedo Cruise 2.0 test comparision...

 

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Swarts" <ravensrest@...> wrote:
>
> I don't know what you did or didn't do with that Minnkota, but your results are so strikingly at variance with than mine that I feel I have to comment. Using an Minnkota Endura 50 with a 12 VDC battery pack weighing 80 lbs,myself at 190lb in a 16 ft 250 lb flat bottomed skiff, I routinely do 4 mph. My Endura 30 pushes it to 3.6 mph.

Robert-
My assumption is maybe the portabote is not built for speed since the hull flexes to absorb wake energy. A tradeoff between stability and speed. In addition to getting speed data, I'm more so in getting relative speed of the 3 motors and the Torqeedo definitely pushes the boat with extra authority than the MK.

Dennis-
Body was in same position for all three trails. The 3.5 Tohatsu was pushing it at 8KM until I shift the body just a few inches to the front and the boat then plane. I was going to re-do the Torqeedo with this new weight position but I accidently drop the plug in the water so have to wait for next time.

As for the original post about noise, yes the Torqeedo 2.0 is a bit whiny, but still tolerable and much better noise-wise than the Tohatsu. I was pleased with the results so much that I sold the Tohatsu the next day :)

I would love to test the Torqeedo in a "regular" fixed hull boat. Anyone in MD?

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! News

Fashion News

What's the word on

fashion and style?

Drive Traffic

Sponsored Search

can help increase

your site traffic.

Get in Shape

on Yahoo! Groups

Find a buddy

and lose weight.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment