Saturday, October 7, 2023

Re: [electricboats] Outboard Sizing Help Needed

My max range requirement would be 10 miles total one way in a rescue situation and that range would be more than enough for the electric lakes.  The speed is not a big concern, reliability and range is the driving factor so if that 6MPH number is pushing me over a line I would be happy with 4 or 5 MPH, I just want to know I can get home. I can always fish along the way ;). 

The golden EZ-x10 is about $3500 with no additional controllers needed.
The Navy 6 would be $3500 plus an additional $350 for the basic controller. 

Option 2:
Stick with 36 volts and put the money into batteries. I already have the 36-volt trolling motor up front with autopilot for steering and when needed I could add a second 36-volt motor to the rear. Would a second motor on the rear of the boat work? This gives me even more redundancy.  
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#32427) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [newarmyguitar24@gmail.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment