Monday, October 9, 2023

Re: [electricboats] a couple of questions

Hi Scott,

I have a Kirby 30 on Lake Ontario (at TSCC) with a Thunderstruck Kit as well and 3 48V/96 Ah Dakota Lithium packs wired in serial, this is my second season with the install.  In prior years I've removed the batteries from the boat for the winter and stored them indoors however at 80 lbs per battery that's a real chore.  I've reached out to Dakota Lithium to see if I could leave them in the boat as long as I disconnected the negative terminals so that they don't cross charge.  I'll let you know what I find out.

Regarding the install, as long as the owner did a good job bracing the batteries down, you should be ok in rough weather.  I built a Starboard tray and cover for mine and have the batteries bolted down where the old fuel tank used to be (under the cockpit).  I've been out in some really bouncy Lake Ontario waves and have never had a problem with the engine or the batteries.

Regards,
Jeff.
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#32439) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [newarmyguitar24@gmail.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment