Friday, October 6, 2023

Re: [electricboats] Outboard Sizing Help Needed

I think the motor I have would meet those requirements well.  ePropulsion Navy 6.0 Evo.  With the low-pitch prop, 6mph should be achievable on your boat.

They make a smaller version (3.0), but I think it would be close on hitting 6mph.  Given that they are close in price and weight (closer than the 2x power difference), going for the higher-powered model is easy to justify.

Other than a Hangkai electric outboard motor (2.2kW), that's the only model I have direct experience with.  But I do look over Golden Motor's offerings from time to time.  Their EZ-X05 motor might be a better fit for your needs (and more cost effective):

https://www.goldenmotor.com/eBoat/frame-eboat.htm

And of course there's Torqeedo, but I feel that they are overpriced for what they deliver.

One good resource for this type of question is https://plugboats.com/electric-outboards-more-than-5kw/ ... they also have an 'under 5kW' guide ... your requirements seem to put you right on that line.  But I could be off on that estimation as I have a semi-displacement hull and yours is a planing hull.
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#32422) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [newarmyguitar24@gmail.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment