Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Re: [electricboats] Advice for electric conversion

That is correct Reuben. The Starboard side has a new Beta 38 with a new sail drive which is working out very well. When I converted the old port VP sail drive I had not known the input had to be turned in only one direction due to the clutch setup. I think I could gain some efficiency in eliminating the clutches and being able to use the motor controller for forward and reverse. The system is currently working but eliminating the VP clutches might be a longer term advantage. I’m sorta kind looking for a junked VP sail drive to tear apart for experimenting.
cheers
Ric
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#32418) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [newarmyguitar24@gmail.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment