Friday, October 6, 2023

Re: [electricboats] Outboard Sizing Help Needed

My friend has a Torqueedo on his Macgregor 25 and it does well. It might do 10 miles at mid throttle.

I have an epropulsion spirit Evo on a small pontoon boat on a lake in Canada. It's great . We do the leisurely evening 'wine tour' of the lake at lower speeds.  Its probably 3 miles and we return with 95% battery. If needed, we can push along at a good clip - maybe 5 mph?

I have the basically the same motor on my 15' Pocketship which I just launched last week, so I don't have good numbers on it, but I probably went a mile and hardly used any battery. This one has regen, but you'd have to go over 5 knots to get much output. 

Yes they are expensive, but they are trouble free, and have good thrust. 

-Steve

On Oct 6, 2023, at 11:51 PM, Phil Boyer via groups.io <philaboyer=yahoo.ca@groups.io> wrote:


I have used a Torqeedo Cruise 2.0 for the last 6 years. I have it pushing an 18' home built catamaran with solar panals on a canopy. I find the Torqeedo is very efficient for a cruising speed of 5 knots. I also have an Elco 20 hp motor and it works well but does not have the same efficiency for cruising.

Phil Boyer

No comments:

Post a Comment