Saturday, October 21, 2023

Re: [electricboats] Electric motor size for 48' cat

Eric, I'm putting two of the Thunderstruck 24kw 96v ME-1616 into my 34ft catamaran rebuild. I'd suggest that you can merge your existing batteries into a single battery for both purposes with new batteries to get the range you're looking for. I went with a big 122kWh battery system but I converted from sail to 100% solar with 9.8kW of solar. But, since you're sailing, smaller batteries will work fine. I'm doing 4x 50A DC-DC converters to get 12v from the 96v. My boat is the MV Maritima and she has a Facebook page if you're interested. I'm also in a Facebook group called "ePowered Catamaran Conversions" that might help answer more specific questions. 
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#32463) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [newarmyguitar24@gmail.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment