Thursday, May 12, 2022

Re: [electricboats] Replacing FLA Batteries with Lithium in Duffy Electric Boat

Hi Rob,

My Duffy is from 1995. I use three of these in series on my Duffy 18 electric to get 36V 200Ah. Better power then the 6 x 6 V 235 Ah lead batteries and sufficient hours of power. I Can have about 11 hours boating time before charging again. I could have bought smaller batteries, like 100Ah, but chose these becaase I don't like to be stranded

Roland
V A VE-SPBT-12200 LPO 4 S By CERTIFICATES ࠠ Long lasting superpower, LiFePO4 has up to 10 times more cycles than comparable lead acid batteries ࠠ all cell voltages in the battery, making sure they are Lithium Iron Phosphate is the
voltiumenergy.com

Van: electricboats@groups.io <electricboats@groups.io> namens Rob Houston, W0WKO <rahouston@gmail.com>
Verzonden: donderdag 12 mei 2022 12:12
Aan: electricboats@groups.io <electricboats@groups.io>
Onderwerp: Re: [electricboats] Replacing FLA Batteries with Lithium in Duffy Electric Boat
 
Yes, Roland, I agree that it's more about the max Amps for the controller, but I'm not sure about the voltage.  

You've got my curiousity up ------ how old is your Duffy 18, and what size LifePO4 pack do you have, and what kind of range do you get with it?

Thanks for the response!

No comments:

Post a Comment