Sunday, May 8, 2022

Re: [electricboats] LifePo4 build questions

Nice setup Bob. I have watched a ton of Will's videos and the build difference in these batteries is an eye-opener.

Now let me step back into reality for a moment...
I know that three group-31 Optima Blue Top batteries rated at 75Ah served me well for many years. I could fish all day without worry but I could not travel to the ends of the two reservoirs I frequent. While it would be nice to be able to do so, it is not something I have to have. So maybe you all can help me run the numbers so to speak.

How would 60Ah LifePO4 with Grade A Fortune cells in a 36-volt pack compare to the above Optima pack in terms of run time?

Assuming it is equal or a little better I could build a 12s 60Ah pack this year and if it turns out to not fit my needs I can add another 12 cells in parallel for 120 Ah next year. This seems more flexible / modular to me. I would fit all of this into a case similar to the one Bob showed in his video. 


  

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#31915) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [newarmyguitar24@gmail.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment