Friday, May 27, 2022

Re: [electricboats] Another LifePo4 build question

I use ant too
Don't believe their ratings I believe they are peak not constant so I just use to equalize and keep an eye on the volts
32s is the biggest I have seen 
I believe u can just use less wires for smaller battery's


On Friday, May 27, 2022, 02:09:56 PM PDT, shredderf16 <shredderf16@sbcglobal.net> wrote:


I use the Ant Bms. I'm pretty sure it will do 32 cells and over 100 volts. There's a bunch of versions (I have all "new versions") but one thing to look at is the size and number of wires off the Mosfet. I've seen some 100 amp boards for sale with the equivalent of a number 8 wire. Way too small. Once you get the board you have to make an enclosure. If you have android then use the VBMS app. If you have apple you'll have to use the Chinese app. It works well, although the coulumb meter is off by about 30%. I compared it with my victron battery monitor.
Jerry Barth



On May 27, 2022, at 3:53 PM, neriad6@gmail.com wrote:


My questions are similar to Skray775 (LifePo4 build questions), but I didn't want to hijack his thread.

I'm repowering a 45' sailboat with a 25kw electric motor from thunderstruck-ev.com. I'm using their water-cooled ME1616. Per their advice, I will use a 96v system.

I'm looking at the EVE Prismatic Cell batteries from Docan Power. It's a Chinese company, and the reviews are good.
https://www.docanpower.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=59_255_256&product_id=462

I will need to use 32 cells, and they are rated at 280 Ah. Charge/discharge rates: .5C/1C. I will not be exceeding 250 amps, and will probably run at about 100-150 amps.

I plan to have three ways to charge the cells:
1. Shore power battery charger
2. Four 24v solar panels
3. Diesel generator. The generator has four 24v alternators.

So, I would also like to know if it is feasible to use four BMS', since I'll have essentially four charge sources with either my solar panels or generator. From the other thread, I'm not sure what the consensus is.

I haven't found many 96v BMS' for sale...

Thanks in advance!

No comments:

Post a Comment