Thursday, May 12, 2022

Re: [electricboats] LifePo4 build questions

I built my LFP battery wi 16s for nominal 48v pack. The original BMS would cut off the battery with either a high or low voltage cell. It once cut off the battery while driving and I washed up against the rocks. Luckily a good person showed up and towed me to my dock several 100 yards away. 

once my BMS failed, it replaced it with an inexpensive Chargery. It had separate relays for high and low voltage controlling contactors. Then, not w  as bring to repeat a cruise along the rocks, I added an over-ride switch to turn on the battery in case if emergency. I’d rather lose a cell then the boat. I have yet to use the over ride. 

im taking a long time to make my suggestion. Build a single string - 12s - and keep your extra cells for possible replacement of a bad cell . Add the over-ride switch  my black is 16 Winston 1,000AH cells  

 

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#31937) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [newarmyguitar24@gmail.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment