Sunday, May 15, 2022

Re: [electricboats] I stink like stale gas!

Propane outboards pretty much solve the 'stale gas' problem.
Unfortunately they aren't made much past 5hp, now that Lehr has gone out of business.

I'm considering a propane outboard for my cat, for trips that won't fit the range of the electric outboard and battery.
Twin 5hp's could work out (and result in great redundancy), but those aren't made for remote control, so I'd have to get creative.

Another potential avenue would be to convert a gas model to propane.  I know there are kits for that,
but they usually only apply to carbureted motors, and most in the 20hp range are fuel injected these days.

I did find this company out of China, that has a range of propane outboards topping out at 20hp: https://www.goseatan.com/news/16.html
That could work for my application, but of course I'd prefer something more locally sourced. 
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#31948) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [newarmyguitar24@gmail.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment