Thursday, May 12, 2022

Re: [electricboats] LifePo4 build questions

Thank you Bob for that in-depth explanation.

I decided to pull the trigger on 16 of the SAB 60280 cells from battery hookup. One You Tuber had a discount code for 5% off and shipping was about the same as gas money and vehicle wear so I paid to have them shipped. This will give me 12 cells and another 4 for backup cells, designing a starter pack for the gas motor (I know it takes isolation etc.), or just to run 12-volt accessories.

I see a couple of configuration options:
1) 12s1p, no BMS but a Bluetooth shunt to monitor the pack while on the water and a balance charger of some type for charging. Amazon lists a 12s balance charger for about $250.
2) Three 4s1p, wired in series for 36 volts, each with a smart BMS, and use my existing 3 bank Dual Pro Sportsman charger at 10 amps per bank.
3) Something I have not thought of?
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#31935) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [newarmyguitar24@gmail.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment