Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Re: [electricboats] LifePo4 build questions

Bob, can you help me understand the no BMS? I know from charging Radio Control airplane batteries that we do not carry a BMS on the batteries (to save weight). The BMS is built into the charger and a set of balancing leads plug into the pack/individual cells.

If I were to go with Amper Time or any 12-volt 3s arrangement that has a built-in BMS, and I am using a 3 bank charger, won't I achieve the same thing?

Could I simply parallel the three 12-volt batteries over the winter months to keep them balanced as a set? 
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#31929) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [newarmyguitar24@gmail.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment