Sunday, May 29, 2022

[electricboats] Generator to recharge battery bank

Hi
A rookie question I guess - but I am about to install a Thunderstruck 10kw into a 28FT Herreshoff sailboat down here in New Zealand

To start the project I have 160 amp-hour bank of 6 GEL VLRA 8 volt batteries for Electric Cars - I know this is minimal and will look for LifePo4 later in the project - but this will hopefully get me started.

My question is - if I have something like a  2.2kW (2.6kVA) max output petrol generator - will this be enough to charge up this battery bank?
I am not clear on a calculation of how big a generator has to be to charge up a bank in beginners language.
I have a Matson Ma4inone charger that I have used to keep the batteries topped up from our 240volt domestic supply while I wait to get the installation completed.

I will have a solar panel bank installed as well which is in the plan - but the generator would be a backup system.

Many thanks for any help on this one.

Richard


_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#31971) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [newarmyguitar24@gmail.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment