Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Re: [electricboats] trolling motor lower unit

Thanks again for all the input / insight guys,

I love hearing about all the thinking outside the box everyone is doing out there - 

Although there are no shortage of dreamers out there like me, all of you boring practical types have pretty much convinced me to go the traditional route this time.  I'll save that idea for when there's more expendable time and money lol.

I'm looking at getting a liquid cooled 10kw BLDC from Golden Motor Canada.  They're local and I have a feeling local dealer support might come in handy.

The main drawback with this solution is that there's no motor mount - so I'll have to source/make my own.  I'll search around in the forums for any templates that might be in the archives for Cat 30s - any pointers would be appreciated.

Dan - I've been reading your logs - it has been very useful indeed.  Thank you very much for putting that together.

I'm thinking I'll go for a 5kw battery bank + portable genny to start, and see how that goes.

Thanks all,
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#31763) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [newarmyguitar24@gmail.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment