Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Re: [electricboats] Relative Safety of NMC vs LFP Batteries for Propulsion

I figure corrosion of posts, connections and cases will be a problem with almost any chemistry. We occasionally hear of NMC fires, but they seem rare and are probably less common than hydrogen explosions associated with lead acid chemistry. Anybody know of that is the case? I’ve sent a request for perspectives from Big Battery and hope they can shed some light on the subject, as they sell both types. I accept that battery life in NMC may be shorter than with LFP, but I won’t be cycling full SOC so expect either chemistry to outlive my boat (and me).
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#31743) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [newarmyguitar24@gmail.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment