Friday, January 14, 2022

Re: [electricboats] Electric Drive Update

I just added a bunch of photos and descriptions of the mechanical parts in my drive unit here:

http://dan.pfeiffer.net/10m/electric_drive_unit.htm

There's links to the other stuff at the top.

Still more to come as I find time to post it...

Dan Pfeiffer



On 2022-01-14 4:54 pm, john winterrowd via groups.io wrote:

Pics please, im starting our catamaran repower in a few weeks, need all the components and where you bought them. I will post pics of our project as it happens. 
 
 
-------- Original message --------
From: Dan Pfeiffer <dan@pfeiffer.net>
Date: 1/14/22 3:48 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: electricboats@groups.io
Subject: Re: [electricboats] Electric Drive Update
 

The Kubota motor was removed from a brand new Kubota excavator that was converted to all-electric.  So it is used with maybe 1hr of running time.  2019 dates on the tags. 
http://dan.pfeiffer.net/10m/diesel_genset.htm
 

The Motenergy ME1616 motor is water cooled.  Same motor I am using for propulsion.   I also have a closed circuit FWC system with heat exchanger as I do for the drive motor. 
http://dan.pfeiffer.net/10m/electric_drive_cooling.htm


Where are you located?  I am in USA, OH on Lake Erie. 

Dan Pfeiffer


On 2022-01-14 3:21 pm, Reuben Trane via groups.io wrote:

I did much the same. I used a Motenergy motor direct to the flywheel of a Farymann diesel I salvaged from a Westerbeke 4kW generator. At 3,600 RPM it didn't get high enough voltage to charge. 


then I purchased a PMAC generator on ebay and belted it to the Farymann producing plenty of volts. Over the summer the Farymann froze up solid - so out she came. 


Next was a cheap gas "range extender" from AliExpress. It worked fine until it caught on fire. 

I assume that your Kubota is used? Or new? Is the Motenergy Motor  water cooled? My drive motors are water cooled so I have a closed circuit fresh water cooled by a heat exchanger using SES water and 2 pumps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment