Monday, January 31, 2022

Re: [electricboats] Electric retrofit for 57' Chris Craft Constellation

Hi,

I am thinking about something similar, except I plan to keep my diesel engine (135 hp Lehman) and setup the electric motor as a parallel hybrid.

Lars, I am really interested in your setup!

From your picture it looks like you added a pulley on your transmission gearbox output flange.
In other words, you've got a parallel hybrid transmission and can run either:
  1. with the diesel running and the electric motor generating electricity, or
  2. the electric motor running and the diesel transmission in neutral
Am I right about this?

This is what I am hoping to do with my boat. Some questions I am hoping you have some thoughts on if I am right about your setup:
  • any issues with the transmission in neutral and the electric motor driving the shaft. Does the transmission overheat or are you worried about it?
  • Are you worried about the lateral pulley load of the electric motor damaging the transmission bearing?
  • what make of transmission is it?
  • It looks like the mounting plate for the electric motor is mounted separately from the diesel engine. Any issues with diesel engine vibration and the electric drive belt?
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#31830) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [newarmyguitar24@gmail.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment