Thursday, January 13, 2022

Re: [electricboats] Electric Drive Update

I had the same thing in mind regarding the coupler when I was considering the Thunderstruck drive unit.  Alignment becomes more critical but that is not hard and worth the effort. 

Dan Pfeiffer


On 2022-01-13 11:20 am, jesper.malmberg86@gmail.com wrote:

On Wed, Jan 12, 2022 at 11:27 AM, Dan Pfeiffer wrote:
ater efficiency loss but is easier to source parts I think.   DC is simpler parts wise and you don't need as large a charger.   But I still need to sort out what I will d
Thanks for that explanation, looking forward to follow your progress on the genset. I was looking at this as well but as you say there are very few economical DC gensets, especially at 48v. I recall seeing something on aliexpress that would fit the bill but not sure about the quality.

Good input on the shaft bearings, I will have a look at those. I didn't end up using the chain-coupler from TS and went with a solid one and a flexible insert instead.

Thank you,

Jesper

No comments:

Post a Comment