Monday, January 31, 2022

Re: [electricboats] Electric retrofit for 57' Chris Craft Constellation

Hi Dennis, I think about stern unfoldable floating solar panels, but is only an idea.
best regards, Angelo Merico

Il lunedì 31 gennaio 2022, 20:51:47 CET, Dennis Cohen <dac@theconcordance.com> ha scritto:


I am, hopefully, in the process of removing my two 8v71 Detroit Diesels (which each weigh about 4,000 pounds) and replacing them with electric motors, batteries, and a generator.
She weighs in at 32 tons.  I keep her in or close to the marina, so my desired range is probably 10-15 miles max, at a speed of 8-10 knots.
I have shore power and the capability of using either one or two 100 sq.ft spaces for solar arrays.

I have looked at several systems,  and I realize it's a big project.  I'm looking for whatever suggestions I can get on engine size, voltage, genset requirements, prop size and pitch, etc. 
Also am aware of having to add ballast to account for the large amount of weight I will be removing from the hull line.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment