Sunday, November 1, 2020

Re: [electricboats] Quest for 2X Hull Speed

The weather cooperated and I finally tested the Newport Vessels configuration above (OEM config plus Eprop 10.2x6.73 propeller, hub/shaft fairing, and cavitation plate).  I reversed the power leads with the internal voltmeter unplugged.  At full speed, I averaged 6.4 mph at 760 watts.  That is better than hull speed and a very inexpensive setup.  I am not sure if the motor the brushes were in the neutral plane with the motor turning clockwise.  I do not have a good way to measure, let me know if anyone has the expertise to resolve.  Not too bad on the performance, but I hope to exceed that with the Lehr outboard conversion...
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#30842) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [newarmyguitar24@gmail.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment