Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Re: [electricboats] Trolling Motor Propellers

Ken,

Nice pontoon setup.  I like the idea of turning one motor off for tight quarters.  Did you have solar panels pn your pontoon?  I could get maybe 400 watts of solar on my boat as it’s currently set up.

In my Redwing, I’ve decided to fabricate a mount for dual 24v 80lb motors controlled by a tiller.  The Traxxis motors that I’m using are pretty nice and have a wig wag potentiometer throttle which I can integrate in the tiller.  It turns out I’m not as big a fan of my remote steering wheel as I thought I would be.  A small boat sailor at heart.

I’ve got my proof of concept system built and have been measuring no load states.  Unfortunately it’s winter now so I won’t be able to launch for quite awhile.  With all this time, perhaps I’ll commit and remove my ICE.

Bill

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#30851) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [newarmyguitar24@gmail.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment