Monday, November 9, 2020

Re: [electricboats] Thunderstruck

Hi I would go with reduction anyway. My ship is 16 tonnes. My propellor is 18x11 and I have a reduction of 2:1 at the moment, but could do with even higher reduction. The belt and toothed wheels make things so easy together with the taperbush shaft fittings. I've got just over 1000watts of solar, and a 300ah lifepo4 battery. I also have a diesel generator which can charge at 40 amps. I ordered the bracket for the motor, the toothed wheels and belt from a company in France evkart or something. 
Hope that helps 


Op ma 9 nov. 2020 17:54 schreef <stewart.reed@free.fr>:
Your experience couldn't be better timed for me Egbert. I've just purchased the 18kw electric motor kit from Thunderstruck for a 37' Gin Fizz (pretty heavy at 9,5 tonnes). Also plan to run off a 48V battery bank. I have a thrust bearing fitted already and a variable pitch Ewol prop. I'm installing myself and in the process of designing the motor mounting bracket. I am thinking of mounting as a direct drive to the prop shaft and making pitch adjustments on the prop to get it to spin up to speed but have no experience of this at all - it just seems logical to my engineering brain. It would also be possible to install with belt drive but I thought why add the extra parts if not necessary. Alignment needs to be more accurate but I will build in some fine adjustment system to get this right.
Thunderstruck have been great so far - very responsive, they recommended this size motor - and the motor kit arrived in France from California a week after ordering!
Anyway your experience gives me some reassurance as I was wondering if the motor would be powerful enough. Let me know If I can contact you separately - I'm interested in your overall experience and what kind of set up you have - energy source, energy storage...

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#30872) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [newarmyguitar24@gmail.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment