Monday, November 9, 2020

Re: [electricboats] Thunderstruck

Hi Stewart 

Interesting project - curious how it turns out! I plan to convert my motorboat to dual 18kw engines, its located in France (Auxonne)

You have an excellent distributor in France "kit-elec-shop.com" - he delivers everything for this kind of project, highly recommended 😊

Kr
Lars


fredag den 6. november 2020 skrev <stewart.reed@free.fr>:
Your experience couldn't be better timed for me Egbert. I've just purchased the 18kw electric motor kit from Thunderstruck for a 37' Gin Fizz (pretty heavy at 9,5 tonnes). Also plan to run off a 48V battery bank. I have a thrust bearing fitted already and a variable pitch Ewol prop. I'm installing myself and in the process of designing the motor mounting bracket. I am thinking of mounting as a direct drive to the prop shaft and making pitch adjustments on the prop to get it to spin up to speed but have no experience of this at all - it just seems logical to my engineering brain. It would also be possible to install with belt drive but I thought why add the extra parts if not necessary. Alignment needs to be more accurate but I will build in some fine adjustment system to get this right.
Thunderstruck have been great so far - very responsive, they recommended this size motor - and the motor kit arrived in France from California a week after ordering!
Anyway your experience gives me some reassurance as I was wondering if the motor would be powerful enough. Let me know If I can contact you separately - I'm interested in your overall experience and what kind of set up you have - energy source, energy storage...

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#30871) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [newarmyguitar24@gmail.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment