Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Re: [electricboats] Quest for 2X Hull Speed

Based on feedback on Endless Sphere, trolling motors are neutrally timed for forward/reverse operation.  I connected a drill to the propeller shaft, and I measured 11.5 volts for CCW and 11.3 volts CW at 868 RPM. The 0.2 volt difference is likely within the assembly tolerance of the magnet assembly.  I would adjust the magnet assembly and retest, but I already have silicone on the fairing assembly. I do not understand how the commutator angle that I measured is neutrally timed, but I do not want to tear it down again to figure it out.  Given that the voltages are nearly the same, this suggests that it is indeed neutrally timed.  I guess that makes RH propellers fair game for retrofitting.  For my particular boat, I increased the speed from 5 mph to 6.4 mph, and the wattage increased slightly.  The motor is rated for 1,142 watts, and I was running at 760 watts.  Let me know if anyone has information to the contrary for RH operation.
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#30875) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [newarmyguitar24@gmail.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment