Monday, November 30, 2020

Re: [electricboats] Repowering a 55' sailboat - Tentative Design

Bill, I'm looking at the aluminum cased batteries. They ended up at 280 Ah for the same price as CALB-style 200 Ah.  BUT, as you can see from the discharge rates, I can only pull 280A max with the blue, aluminum cased batteries, while I could pull 600 Amps with the CALB.  It was a trade-off for me. I figure I'll mostly motor at around 4-5 knots and that puts me at under 10kW.  So I'm hoping to be OK.  Of course, with the CALB style (3C discharge) I could get the full use of my motor/controller (500 Amps at 154V or 75kW).
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#30935) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [newarmyguitar24@gmail.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment