Friday, March 11, 2016

RE: [Electric Boats] TORQEEDO [1 Attachment]

 
[Attachment(s) from Jerry Barth included below]

I'll piggyback on this.  I have an Island House with a two mile ride to town.  We go there about every three months, so I was thinking of getting one of these to avoid the hassles with ethanol problems while storing gas motors.  Will these motors plane a 10 ft dinghy? Don't need much range, maybe an hour a full throttle and a couple of hours at displacement speeds.

Thanks,

Jerry Barth

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: cirejay@hotmail.com [electricboats]
Sent: Friday, March 11, 2016 5:59 PM
To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Electric Boats] TORQEEDO

 

 

I'm thinking of getting a TORQEEDO 1003 for my inflatable as I really want to get gas off of my sailboat.

 

I will get an extra battery so range isn't a major concern.

 

I do have two question and I know some  here have quite a bit of experience with this motors.

 

1,  I will potentially be using it in areas were there will be no chance of getting it repaired or, for that matter, even being able to send it out for repair.  Am I likely to need to get it repaired?

 

2. I will probably be charging off of my AGM battery bank that is charged by solar panels and, dare I say, diesel   I have an inverter but it is not pure sine wave.  Will I need to upgrade it to operate the charger?

 

Looking forward to all inputs and suggestions,

 

Eric, SV Meander

 

__._,_.___

Attachment(s) from Jerry Barth | View attachments on the web

1 of 1 Photo(s)


Posted by: Jerry Barth <Shredderf16@sbcglobal.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)

Save time and get your email on the go with the Yahoo Mail App
Get the beautifully designed, lighting fast, and easy-to-use, Yahoo Mail app today. Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment