Friday, March 4, 2016

Re: [Electric Boats] Solar charging

 

Hi, Fred,
 
You can place the solar panels in series.  The Panels will have a maximum allowable voltage rating to give you some idea how many panels you can connect together.
 
If you don't know what I mean by wiring them in series, you would connect the (+) lead from panel 1 to the (–) lead from Panel 2, then the (+) lead from Panel 2 to the (–) Lead from Panel 3.  You then connect the (– ) Lead from panel 1 and the (+ ) lead from panel 3 to your charge controller. 
 
Make sure your charge controller is rated for 36 Volts.
 
Thanks
 
Ken Cooke
 
Sent: Thursday, March 03, 2016 9:03 PM
Subject: [Electric Boats] Solar charging
 
 

If I am using a 36 volt system with 3 12v batteries, how would I have to wire solar panels for charging? Because the panels are 12v, I assume I would need one for each battery. I just don't know to wire that.

__._,_.___

Posted by: "Ken Cooke" <ken.cooke@canewoods.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment